2013-04-15

2010 Joseph Drouhin Gevrey Chambertin

It's been way too long since I posted the last tasting note on here. I'm so sorry for that. My wine consuption goes up and down, meaning that I don't always taste a lot of wine each week. In addition to that, work and other stuff can also get in the way. All those factors combined, do cause me to not updating this blog as often as I want to.

I thought I'd start my "comeback" right where I left off, with a 2010 Joseph Drouhin. Last time we went for the 2010 Joseph Drouhin Santenay, this time I took it a step ut to the Gevrey Chambertin village. I've read somwhere that this has some 1er cru juice in it, so my expectations where kindof on the high side.

Tasting note on the 2010 Joseph Drouhin Gevrey Chambertin
Tasting note on the 2010 Joseph Drouhin Gevrey Chambertin

The first couple zips: More ripe fruit than expected. Sweet strawberry, floral notes and minerality.The mid palate is a bit on the flabby side. Ends with some good soureness, plum and minerality. Quite long.

After some air the soureness takes over. The fruit gets leaner and the baby fat has blown away, but the soureness of the finnish is way over the top and unbalaned for me.

With even more air the body fleshes out. It gets more meaty. The finnish is still a bit overthetop sour and some stilky tannins.

After a day in the fridge the wine has developed further. It's is now very jammy, both red and dark fruit. The soureness is better integrated. It's very smooth. Perhaps a tad on the jammy side for me, but very deliciuos. Lacks some charachter though. 89 pionts

No comments:

Post a Comment