2012-09-20

2010 Kühling-Gillot Qvinterra Riesling Trocken

My first tasting note. I'll give each wine I taste a score based on the Parker scale. There is no reason why anyone should actually pay attention to my scores because as I've said, I know very little about wine so far.
That said, here we go:

Tasting note on the 2010 Kuhling Gillot Qvinterra Trocken, Riesling from Germany
Tasting note for the 2010 Kühling-Gillot Qvinterra Riesling Trocken:
On the nose I get green apples and tropical fruit. On the palate there is some apples and orange zest. Minerals and nice acidity on the finish. Towards the end of the finish I pick up some of the orange zest that I also got on the nose. Goog length. Lacks some complexity, but it's really a good example of a basic riesling trocken. 88 points

I had this wine 7-10 months ago as well. Back then I thought the acidity was a bit too much. This time I love the acidity. I do actually think that the wine's acidity has  settled down a bit since last time I had this, but it is also sure that I love this type of acidity in Rieslings way more now than back then.

Check it out on Wine-Searcher

No comments:

Post a Comment